Susribte to this blog

End of code

Tuesday 8 December 2020

The Artist Quest. 1. Intro.

Dear Reader.

The journey of the artist, has so far, the 37 years of it , been full of adventures long and short. 

Buddhist monks from Tibet, have advised my friend Zeljan Rakela, who arrived there on motorcycle from Split, that by the age of 40 he should have a child, plant a tree and write a book, in order to become a complete balanced human being and find his peace. I loved the advice, which has stuck in my subconscious. Having planted several trees, given birth to two delicious children, and after years of composing short stories & observations here at "A coffee in the Balkans blog", I  have decided to start writing a collection of the adventures, I lived trough on this quest and road of being an artist.  

The story started at the very begging, where as a small kid I'd steal make up in the house, and draw with it- because the shimmery effect of blusher and eyeshadows on paper was prettier than of simple felt tip pens.. 

But the tales will commence, at that moment when the thunderbolt from the sky, tapped me on the shoulder politely and very clearly said: You are going to be an artist. 

Which for me, alike for a great number of artists  -was the moment of acceptance into the art school. 

If you, are curious, read on. I shall post pieces as they come to me, and see where this endeavour goes, whether I will write a lot or little, no one knows. As for the many people who entered and flavoured this quest, they might find them self mentioned, but I will try not to reveal too much intimate info. The perfect time for writing, like today, is when it grey out and raining,  I suppose we expect new stories to emerge here only on such days. 

love & art,  Sunci


No comments:

Post a Comment