Susribte to this blog

End of code

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Love being Tourist.. Trip tips on the island Hvar- Reading on Vacation

On Vacation one reads. Or pretends to read.

I was staying once at the Meneghello Family estate on the island Palmizana next to Hvar where a Serbian Cartoon publicist Srdan rented a villa in the garden.

He was set on seducing me. I really was not attracted to him, but enjoyed little breaks away from painting. The publicist stalked me appearing out of the bush where ever I would walk. I would see him in the restaurant having a meal and as I would walk past the restaurant walls and descend to the beach 10 meters further ,he would already be at the beach ,reclined on towel, reading a book, which he would drop as if it was hot on seeing me and pounce up to pester with chit chat.

During our encounters he would always talk about the books he was reading and proceed to sum them up. All of this books where of the same New age books about how to be a better person with titles of such as Zen of every day life, and living Yin and yang.

When he left seven days later and had hassled me out of my wits end. The Bosnian(bosnian men are famous for not liking to read) Mario who worked at the restourant's barbecue roasting fish came up to me and said: I'm so glad Srdan has left, I'm exhausted. You know he paid me 100 Euros per book, to read it at night after work, than give him a summery of the book in the morning, so that he could impress you...



In town there are a lot of hot English boys reading books on lone rocks, and lots of English girls reading books in their bikinis on the deck chairs...

HVAR Town possesses one of the most amazing Libraries in Croatia.. It is set in a old beautiful venetian town's house which is falling apart and at the door states" enter at own risk". The library has Internet and charges little for it. And 9 rooms full of books tip to toe, with overloaded shelf's. On all subjects under the sun both from old classical writers and new alike.. The library also has books in many languages including English, German, Italian ,French, Spanish's, Russian and many more and it is selling read books to raise money for its repairs. The library is also a small cultural exchange for you may met interesting people in it, be informed of cultural events and may even just come over to play chess.

No comments:

Post a Comment