Susribte to this blog

End of code

Thursday 3 January 2013

In the woomb.

-- I have existed always in the mind of my father, who knew i would arrive , knew my sex, knows the colour of my eyes, and knows my name. He smiles waiting . Yet they wait to let me see the light of day before I hear the name. Before i have a date. Before stars bring on horoscopes and names project their personalities..

.

.

I am free..

.

.

I move my feet..

.

.

.

I move my fingers. .

.

I move my hands. .

.



.

.

.

My heart beats..

.

Another heart beats in rhythm to mine, always, sometimes a little faster sometimes slower, and mine follows. I am never alone. There is a voice, it plays ower the sounds of heart beats , that is mother.

There is another voice, deeper, it starts each day when the colour around me darkens,and that i know is father. When i hear it I kick out. The space around me vibrates, and I hear laughter. I kick again and feel the arrival of warmth, something touches me from the outside.

After the voice of father turns on, I am suddenly filled with nutrition. At first I did not know that was happening but now i can recognise different color shades. When mother is alone green and orange things flow into my belly, when fathers voice is near dark red fills my belly and i stretch my hands and feel happy. Than mother turns me upside down. She stops moving. Her beat slows down. Another heartbeat stats beating very close too. Very slowly. And than I suck my thumb and curl my legs and feel very sleepy.

I wake up to the sounds of something alien noisy outside. I hear it every day. The heart beats are still there. But some cushion thing under my feet seems to grow when ever I fall asleep and so I kick the silly cushion thing, and kick and kick until , mother turns me head up, I hear sounds of water, and feel the thing flatting. Every time I hear water, the cushion grows, so as long as I am awake i make it my duty to always kick it down.

I like it when colours change around me, orange, pink, red. I like it when mother moves about to strange rhythms which are not hearts, loudly sounding, which make my hands and legs do circles. When mother is moving i too move and feel like like I am helping.

I am happiest though, when the colours disappear, and I see nothing at all, there are no other sounds, but three hearts beating together. It makes me stretch out my fingers and toes, relax my legs and arms and dream all sorts of colours and sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment