Susribte to this blog

End of code

Thursday 3 November 2011

cleaning routine

Lavinia dear you are looking much better already. I am in an orchid mood. Orchids are aliens who have effectivly conquered the planet for their beauty and we our self are spreading their spawn all over pretty aprtaments.. But no one has actually looked at their little evil eyes and I assure you they have them I am looking at one right now, and have painted her perfectley and finally noticed the eyes. Don't take my word for it, look and you shall belive. I have taken Lavinia off the wall and given her an orchid colored back ground. Suddnley she has come to live as a volumptious venus.

When its that time of the month or this, I begin this mad raging cleaning session as unpredictable as miles davies composition.

I start somewhere ordinary, like washing the dishes, fill the clothes washing machine, but the hormones kick me down so hard that I don't just wash one load , I was every single colour load seperatley, than hover something I hate on other days, than put things I washed away, thow wedding dress magazines and add hunting ones, create and clean music playlists, not to explain every detail of my circulating wash ritual I hung up a new set of Automn paintings, which frustratingly look great together, much more modern and cool than the last set, but now the curtains and everything else I had added English chintz to, because of the furniture which I had no choice about, does not go. I need single block colour curtains, bed covers, throws, pillows table cloths and modern vine glasses. See?

Should I change the paintings to the ones from last year which will make everything in to a harmonic aesthetic tune or should I change everything from Luis 14th blue with flowers to calico, gray or white? The last touch of the cleaning fit was re touching the paintings, but this little joy at the end has allowed me to stop.

Lavinia is drying on the kitchen floor.

You want to know who she is? Beautiful gazelle legged uber tall super model from the Parisian haute couture catwalks. Borne in Check Republic. But she fell in love with a Spanish guy which is why she moved to Madrid, and they where both at the hacienda of the portughese, hedghe fun owner in Ibiza when I came. I was there to paint the portughese guy. He commissioned his portrait as a part of the “Dinner with Sunci project”. Two of the portraits have just slid off the wall to frustrate me, they like to tease.

No comments:

Post a Comment