Susribte to this blog

End of code

Thursday 14 April 2016

Oh thee of the art world, I will continue dancing, only if you read me..

http://suncionstage.blogspot.hr/2016/04/oh-thee-of-art-world-i-will-continue.html
A performance piece, poetry.

PIECE 1

Whilst lap dancing on the collector.
The female artist says, will you buy my art now?

Whilst Lap dancing the collector, the female artist stops, than says,  I will keep on dancing, only if you buy my painting.

Whilst Lap dancing the collector, the female artist stops and says,  I will keep on dancing, only if you buy another painting.

Whilst Lap dancing the collector, the female artist says,  I will keep on dancing, only if you buy one more painting.

And so the night passes away, the female artist has figured out how to sell her art work, and the collector is satisfied, he has got more than a painting.


PIECE 2

Whilst lap dancing the gallerist, the female artist says , will you exhibit my work now?

Whilst lap dancing the galerist, the female artist stops and says, I will continue only if you exhibit my work in your gallery.

Whilst lap dancing the galerist, the female artist stops and says, I will keep on dancing only if you give me a solo exhibition in your gallery.

And when the lights are turned on, and future work is arranged, the artist is content to have finally figured out how to do business with a gallery, and the galerist is content because he got to know his artist.

(a comment on the expectations of the men in the art business- )

No comments:

Post a Comment