Susribte to this blog

End of code

Saturday 23 April 2016

Park Club, The Island's -Morning Bar from heaven

I stumbled out of the hotel, showered, teeth brushed, make up removed, but still a bit drunk from the previous night, into my favorite bar- Park club.
Its the ideal morning bar, dark, low lights, easy music, soft chairs. A perfect location for proper way to wake up on the island, slowly and without pressure.


I sat at the bar- and was as surprised as she- to run into another squeaky clean and a bit drunk accomplice form the night before.

As my bottom hit the bar stool- in front of us, two plates with freshly cooked eggs appeared- exactly what a hang over needs- as proved medically. Than the lovely bar man - remembered that I like a latte and brewed one .. After which he lifted up a pineapple and strawberries and asked- does a pineapple honey strawberry juice suit? He proceeded to make a smoothie. After all of this a miraculous plate of croissants appeared betwixt me and the accomplice. Good god. There is a god right? I mean how did all this happen in this instant, without any premeditation. As they say -catch a the fortune by the tail..

I continued to sit, after the surprise breakfast in the company of the bar man . Between us stood the long wooden bar, and his apron. His apron is important he said. When he wears it - he can talk to any one- he has this loud welcoming personality, but when he takes it off- he becomes timid, he is shy, and finds it had to start conversation with strangers- the opposite of what he does at work, protected by the apron and the bar.

A man approached, " A small coffee with a little milk " , he pronounced significantly. "Ah these people " the bar man said, "They all expect me to remember how they like their coffee, each and every single one of them, and they are so offended when I forget. They come in, say good morning, they never reply to the question how are you, they just sit and wait. They wait for their coffee. The funny thing is I  know all the coffees of all the locals, but for some reason every single day, I always forget one person's coffee. I remember every single coffee, except for one. Every day."
"
"Yesterday I forgot that man's coffee. I brought out all of their coffees except for his, and than he was upset. Can't you remember a simple coffee he asked. And I replied- do you think I go home and all I think about is the way you and all those people who come here drink you coffee, do you think that is all I do in life?
Your role is to tell me what coffee is it that you would like, and it is my job to provide you with one. It simple really, isnt it? That's why he got up this morning to tell me about his coffee- sarcastically. But todayI remember what he drinks-  only I forgot what someone else drinks. And its like this every day."

I was thinking about writing an article about the Hvar science festival my friends had organised  or going to paint, but could not decide on which activity to concentrate, or upon which location, when he lovely bar man -says " See there is a computer- you can use for writing in the bar-- As for painting I think the best thing for you in this rainy weather is to go to the top of that hotel, wich has an awning and a panorama of  the whole town and sea shore, order another coffee, enjoy life and paint from there."

Can you belive this man exists? The perfect bar man from heaven,. Bar man angel me thinks. And what a bar, what service... Ah you all, if you ever need love and comfort on the island of Hvar.. Now you know where you should head, its called the Park Club, bar. ..




No comments:

Post a Comment